Do you want to know the right age to enroll your child in a school? Deciding a right age for early-school or kindergarten is not that easy. Parents have different reasons for enrolling their kids in schools at different ages. However, a majority of parents choose school admission between the ages of 1.5 years / 2 years to 2.5 years. Some may enroll in early-school or daycare at 3 years of age.
So, what is the best time to give school education to children? It sometimes depends on how mentally and physically prepared the kids are to adapt to the environment of a daycare, away from home. A school helps enhance social, mental, physical, and academic skills in kids in many ways. It also helps children adapt to the structured educational environment and interact with other children and adults.
What Does Research Say about the Ideal Age for school Admission?
It is not formidable for kids as young as 1 year to attend a school. However, if parents are not able to care for their children and be around them, some may seek for daycare service for toddlers as well. Most of the schools in Thane and Mumbai start daycare education and admission for children who have attained 2 years of age. In school, besides caring for children, the teachers also introduce kids to pre-literary and pre-match skills.
Most of the educationists and academic experts and psychologists opine that children should experience an environment in best school at an age of 1.5 years or 2 years. One should not delay further. However, some parents, for some reasons may enroll kids in school at 3 years of age. But, 3-years, is also a time, when most of the children start taking admission in kindergarten and elementary school. Thus, an age of 1.5 years to 2 years is the most preferable.
What is the Age-appropriate Environment for School Education?
Children while growing up are easily influenced by what they observe around. Especially at a tender age of 1.5 years to 2 years, the child’s brain is most absorbent of what happens in his/her near environment. This is why for regular school, certain requisites are mandatory. In early-education, the daycare plays a huge role in influencing the minds of kids as young as 2 to 3 years old. Also, parents should devote a fair amount of time to their kids during fun and learning sessions.
As per research to understand the idea age for toddlers to attend school, it has been found that to determine school admission; the child’s experience outside school should have attributes such as:
- There must a huge collection of hands-on educational toys to which children have access to when needed, be it for explaining something or a fun activity.
- The best daycare service should facilitate an active social atmosphere marked by visits by friends and family who are accompanied by kids of similar age-group.<
- The school should have a wide array of books on children literature. These should include books on superheroes, storybooks, comic strips, journals, fairy tales etc.
Why Should Parents Choose Daycare Service for Young Children?
When deciding the right age for school admission for kids in a top playgroup or nursery, one must answer the following concerns:
- As per a well-known daycare Thane, children at an early age of 2 years, should learn to take care of themselves and get to know basic hygiene habits. This is why many schools provide children potty training, and teach them how to wash hands, and learn other important hygiene factors.
- Children should be allowed to enjoy positive peer interaction when they attain 2 years of age. The kids should also have a chance to enjoy adult-child interaction before they are 2 years old so that they can adapt to elementary school later. This way the child can develop as a social being, which is best achieved in school, where teacher to child and child to other children interaction is encouraged.
- As per a nursery in Thane, Mumbai, children even at an age of 1.5 years to 2 years require a minimum level of maturity suited for their age-group. This can include learning new ways to observe and learn from the environment, which is attained by introducing them to play-activities.
By information cited above, we can gather than school admission for children is ideal at the age between 1.5 years to 2 years, and latest by 2.5 years to 3 years.